NuCalm™ Reduces Dental Anxiety for Stress-Free Treatment
If you suffer from dental anxiety or dental phobia, a trip to the dentist can be a source of major stress. Your anxiety can significantly impact your quality of life, and you may have neglected dental care for many years, leading to oral health concerns. Fortunately, Encino, LA Dentist Dr. Isaac Comfortes offers NuCalm™ to help you relax in the dental chair. This innovative treatment can induce a state of deep relaxation in a matter of minutes.
How Does NuCalm™ Work?
Traditional sedation methods use powerful antianxiety medications to induce a twilight sleep. In contrast, NuCalm™ is an all-natural process that will not leave you feeling groggy or impaired after your appointment. In fact, you are apt to be more energized after deep relaxation. NuCalm™ relaxation takes place in four steps:
- Dr. Comfortes will provide a dietary supplement available through NuCalm to reduce the effects of adrenaline.
- Next, he will place microcurrent stimulation patches behind your ears. The mild electrical impulses will reduce muscular tension in your neck, shoulders, and upper back. This physical relaxation can last for several days after your appointment.
- During your appointment, you will wear special headphones that will play soft, anxiety-reducing music. This music is specially chosen and formatted with proprietary software. In this way, it can alter your brain waves to induce deep relaxation.
- Like many patients, you may find that the sights of the dentist’s office trigger your anxiety. To offset this reaction, wearing an eye mask during your treatment will help you relax.
What to Expect during Your Treatment
NuCalm™ will reduce physical and mental anxiety, putting your body in the alpha stage of sleep. You typically reach this stage right before you fall asleep every night. It is characterized by physical relaxation, deep breathing, drifting thoughts, and a floating feeling. Alpha sleep is quite pleasant, and you will still be able to respond to your dentist during your appointment, and time will pass quickly. Many patients liken their experience with NuCalm™ to a spa visit.
The Benefits of NuCalm™
NuCalm™ offers a number of benefits over traditional methods of sedation. These advantages include:
- All-natural: NuCalm™ redirects your body’s own impulses, inducing a natural state of relaxation. After treatment, you will be fully alert, able to drive yourself home, and ready for the rest of the day’s activities.
- Fast acting: NuCalm™ takes effect in 3 to 5 minutes.
- Retrains your body’s reaction to stress: NuCalm™ does not simply override your body’s reaction to stress. It retrains it, making your muscles more relaxed. After several visits with NuCalm™, you may find that you no longer feel anxious when you think about visiting the dentist.
Proven Safe and Effective
NuCalm™ was developed in 2002. Since that time, the treatment has rapidly changed the way that dentists treat anxious patients. NuCalm™ has been featured on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, and WGN Chicago. Perhaps more significantly, over 250,000 US patients have undergone treatment with NuCalm™, and 98% of these patients say they would recommend it to friends and family who want to receive relaxing dental care.
Receive the Stress-Free Treatment You Deserve
Do not neglect your dental health due to anxiety. NuCalm™ may be the solution you have been waiting for. Patients who have tried NuCalm before, often request it, even if they do not feel anxious about their appointment. It gives their brain a mini-spa treatment so they are able to return to their busy day more energized and focused. Contact our office today and get started on the dental exam and treatment you may need with one of the nation’s most experienced and compassionate dentists.
What Patients Are Saying
“Absolutely awesome! I’m sold and can’t imagine another appointment without it.”
“I actually feel better about being here! Usually I can’t stand to be in the chair…now I can do it!”
“I felt very calm and relaxed. I did not realize a dental appointment could be this easy! I lost track of time!”
“I can’t believe that was 90 minutes – only felt like it was 30 minutes tops!”