Complete Smile Makeover for an Incredible Smile
A beautiful smile makes you look vibrant, welcoming, engaging and youthful. If you are unhappy with the look of your teeth and gums, a complete cosmetic smile makeover will give you a smile that you are proud to share and also enhance your oral health, thus improving the quality of your entire life for years to come.
Why Choose Dr. Isaac Comfortes for a Complete Cosmetic Smile Makeover?
We know that you have many choices regarding your cosmetic dental treatment, and in the Los Angeles area, numerous dentists are capable of doing a very fine job. So, why do patients gravitate to Dr. Comfortes? Some would say it is his energetic personality, kindness, and focus on one patient at a time. Some would say it is because other patients have praised his hospitality and thorough, high quality of care. Others would say it is the extra measures he takes to address dental anxiety and put patients at ease. Still others would say it’s his renowned expertise in cosmetic dentistry.
The fact is patients are attracted to him for all of these reasons and more. Patients even travel long distances to see Isaac Comfortes in his Encino, CA office because he is renowned for his skill in smile makeovers and simultaneously achieving both exquisite beauty and optimal oral health. He has lectured on smile enhancement both here and abroad, and he has published numerous articles on esthetic dentistry. In addition, Dr. Comfortes is considered a pioneer in the field of complete cosmetic smile makeovers. Therefore, when you receive treatment here, you know you will enjoy an outstanding level of care.
What Is a Complete Cosmetic Smile Makeover?
Your makeover will be as unique as your smile but result in improved health, as well as beauty. This is the goal…not just whiter teeth, not just “straight” teeth, not just regular tooth shape or gum contours… but a totally healthy smile you can maintain and love for a long, long time…a wise investment in your future.
Because everyone’s circumstance and needs are different, you and Dr. Comfortes will plan your smile makeover together. Yours might be simple with just one or two cosmetic procedures. It may be more complex with several health and cosmetic treatments in a multi-step process. You will not be pressured to make quick decisions or to accept treatment. He welcomes you to learn about your oral health and smile in a comprehensive exam that is an exploratory journey you take together. He welcomes you to ask every question that comes to mind, learn about the procedures you are considering, and discuss financing options. When you are ready for your smile makeover, he will carefully design your treatment plan and conduct your treatment on either the fast path or slower phased path you want to be on.
Types of Smile Makeover Treatments
A wide range of treatments is available. Dr. Isaac Comfortes is a master of them all.
- Tooth whitening: Our at-home tooth whitening treatment can be used to lighten the color of your teeth by several shades, making you look years younger and giving you a stunning radiance. Using impressions of your teeth, Dr. Comfortes will provide custom-made whitening trays that you will wear at home with whitening gel.
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers offer some of the most comprehensive results in cosmetic dentistry. By bonding these custom-made shells of porcelain to the front of your teeth, Dr. Comfortes can cover up minor esthetic flaws and even reshape your teeth. To place veneers, he will minimally prep the tooth by removing a small amount tooth enamel, then bond the custom shaped and colored veneer in place with resulting smooth, natural appearance. This is a more conservative treatment than crowning a tooth to reshape and resurface it.
- Composite bonding: In some cases, Dr. Comfortes applies composite resin to a tooth to improve its shape or to cover minor flaws. In other cases, porcelain veneers (or even crowns) are more desirable because the translucence and reflectivity of porcelain highly imitate the translucence and reflectivity of natural tooth enamel. Not only are the results even more lifelike than with composite bonding, but a veneer or crown restoration adds strength and can be longer lasting.
- Porcelain crowns: A dental crown is a tooth shaped restoration that completely covers the tooth surface. If your tooth has been injured or become decayed, Dr. Comfortes may recommend a porcelain crown (or a crown of porcelain layered on a metal core). He might also recommend a crown in the case of a severe tooth blemish, such as internal staining, or to reshape an irregularly shaped tooth.
- Tooth-colored fillings: If you have fillings that show when you smile, Dr. Comfortes can replace them with custom-matched composite restorations or porcelain inlays that perfectly match your natural tooth enamel and do not show. Some of our patients have metal amalgam fillings that he can safely remove before restoring each tooth to natural appearance and also greater strength than before.
- Conservative treatment of acid-eroded teeth: Dr. Comfortes pioneered a conservative treatment that combines porcelain veneers on the front of teeth and thin gold inlays on the back of teeth. He has witnessed long-lasting results of more than a decade with this treatment.
Sometimes, Additional Treatment Goes into a Complete Smile Makeover.
In addition to the listed treatments, there are many additional possibilities. If you have a “gummy smile” or irregular gum contours, periodontal procedures can be done to expose more of the tooth length or re-contour the gums. If you have a missing tooth, a lifelike prosthetic tooth can be supported on a dental implant or replaced with an exquisite bridge fixed on crowns. You might need to replace previous dental fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures, and veneers. You may need or benefit from orthodontic treatment to perfect the spacing and alignment of your teeth. And before cosmetic treatment begins, you might even need periodontal treatment to improve the health of your gums.
Dr. Isaac Comfortes Makes Smile Makeovers Easy.
The operative word here is easy. All of the procedures that make up a smile makeover treatment plan are everyday procedures when you are in the care of a master restorative dentist like Dr. Isaac Comfortes. And, because he offers his patients the NuCalmTM relaxation system during their treatment, his patients look forward to their appointments, which are both relaxing and refreshing.
Dr. Comfortes understands patients’ concerns about how they will look and eat after every step is taken in their complete smile makeover. He does everything he can to prepare you for what to expect, to minimize any impact on your life, and to provide you with immediate provisional restorations while your custom porcelain crowns, veneers, and other restorations are made by his expert dental ceramist of choice. We will work with you to make appointments at your convenience and minimize the number of appointments required.
You and Your Smile Will Have the Focused Attention You Deserve.
Dr. Comfortes lavishes his patients with attention, spending time on important conversations and making sure they feel unhurried. He will examine your teeth, gums, jaw joints, facial features, and smile attributes, making records that include your health history, dental impressions, digital x-rays and photos. After conversation and your complete smile evaluation, he can recommend treatment options and help you select ones that most suit your esthetic goals, health needs, and budget. Based on your choices, he will thoughtfully spend time creating your complete treatment plan, perhaps creating a wax-up model of your restored mouth, and designing your custom dental restorations so the beauty of your smile is a deep beauty full of radiant health. Because his approach to smile design is comprehensive, your long-term health and function will be a priority in planning your makeover.
Contact Us Today
Smile design is an art form, and Dr. Comfortes has an artist’s eye. He never grows tired of creating incredible smiles. If you want to feel great about your smile, we welcome you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Comfortes to learn what is possible for you. Together you can achieve the smile of your dreams.